It hit me hard.
It all started last Monday, which officially marked the "four weeks left of classes" mark. I went from happily trotting along to drowning (how I went from walking to being under water, we will not discuss). I thought last week was bad, but it turns out this week is worse. Here's the rest of this week's work (take note that it is Tuesday and I was up until 1AM doing work yesterday, having started at 2:30PM):
Not to mention all the other things I have to get done before the end of April.
I have to read these:
Library books, so I have to get them done because I can't take them home with me (only so many renewals my dear...). I have to play this:
OK, it isn't extremely vital that I play this before I go home, but my brother got the corresponding game, HeartGold, at the same time, and is already miles ahead of me. Normally I kick his butt at Pokemon games (and it's the one game I do; I used to own Mario Kart, but we're now even at that...).
Oh, and then there's these:
Socks need to get done before Sunday. I'm not going through another week of boot-rash. I'm about halfway through the calf increases on sock #2, so hopefully, with class-knitting and the LYS, I'll get it done. The other ball of yarn is for some felting stuff I need to get done.
My only compensation for all of this is that, 1) On Saturday I'm going on a coral restoration dive, and, 2) after I get all of this done (as in, everything for the semester), it will be summer, and I'll be home.
Wish me luck.
On the note of knee socks, I've finished the first:
and am on the ankle part (pre-calf-increases) of the second part. Not particularly helpful because I really need the socks in the morning, but oh well - I'll have them for next week. Well, that is, if this week isn't as horrid as the last. I think I got a couple inches of knitting in, at most. It took me three days just to get through the cuff and BO of sock #1, I was so busy.
So, I went to my LYS yesterday, like I always do, every Friday, and while knitting away at above-mentioned knee socks, one of the owners asked if I would like to test knit something. I asked what, because I was under the impression it was a pattern, but it turned out to be yarn. Testing yarn. New, MALABRIGO sock yarn. That, if I decided to test, I would get for free.
Um, yeah. I took the yarn. And was giddy. And happy. And apologizing to the hanks of yarn I was planning on knitting into socks, because this hank immediately shot up to the top of the queue. Oh, and I have to rate it, give comments, feedback, etc. We'll see how it does.
I've come to the conclusion that my roommate has voluntarily made herself bedridden. She lives in the bed. My evidence:
- I am surprised when I come back the room, and the door is locked, because it's never locked when she's in there.
- The huge pile of Special K bar wrappers in the little nook next to her bed. Clearly she can't be bothered to get up and go to the trash can, which brings us to
- the overflowing trash can, which she cannot be bothered to empty.
- The sitting in the room in the dark all day. (OK, I don't really know how this is evidence, but it's weird)
- Always asking me to turn off her light for her (I realize this contradicts my thesis, because she does have to get up to turn the light on, but she also has to get up to go to the bathroom, so maybe she does it then).
- The boxes of granola bars next to her bed, along with drinks, and the ability for her to reach across the small space separating the bed and my loft to reach into the fridge.
- The laptop that's always on the bed, her lap, or the little ledge next to the bed.
- Her towel never moves from the drying rack. Does she not shower?
I'm glad I'm only her roommate for another month. I'm starting to feel Josh's pain (but at least I'm not a gay guy living with a room-bound homophob).
A few things now (I'm copying the Harlot, if you couldn't tell):
1) I'm knitting a pair of knee socks. I need them done before I go to bed on Saturday. With my self imposed schedule, I should have been done with sock #1 yesterday. I'm an inch or two away from the ribbing, and will probably finish tomorrow or the next day. I guess I'm getting rubber boot rash for one more Sunday.
2) I'm a little worried about my roommate. All she seems to do is sleep, and sit in her bed with her laptop, either on facebook or skyping or talking on the phone. She never seems to change positions on her bed, or move from it at all. I mean, I guess she can move around when I'm not in the room, but it's a little worrying.
3) Speaking of stuck in a cycle, she never seems to do any homework either, and then (when she has a test) complains that she is in so much trouble because she hasn't taken the plastic wrap off the book. Well, that's your fault now, isn't it? Stop complaining.
4) One last thing about the roommate, which I don't quite understand. She likes to close the hurricane shutters and sit, on her bed with her laptop, in the dark.
Oh, and then, instead of opening the shutters, she turns on the light, which isn't as bright as the, you know, sun. I really don't get her thought process.
5) I got Pokemon SoulSilver on Sunday. Love it, almost to the first gym, but I have no time at all to play it. Busy week. In the meantime, my brother got HeartGold, and is on spring break, so it zooming ahead. Wish I had the time.
6) Going on a coral restoration dive on the 17th. Should be fun
Yep. Think that's it. Have a good week.