Tour de Fleece 2014

Thoughts about reviving the blog have been bouncing around my head for a while, but what better to actually get my butt in gear but an event that I’ll be taking daily pictures of and posting anyway? That’s right, I’m talking about the Tour de Fleece!

The Tour de Fleece (TdF) coincides with Le Tour de France (bet you didn't see that coming). In short, spinners spin yarn for every day of the Tour that the cyclists ride. Spinning and spinning. That’s all there is to it.

I sort of participated three years ago (ie I did it for two days and then forgot about it), but this time around, I’m all in. Since the goal of the TdF is just to spin every day, I’ll be going with a bunch of WIPs (works in progress). Therefore, today's post is the tare post:


From left to right, top row then bottom row, we have:

2oz of 100% Wensleydale; colorway: No Pulse (Nerd Girl Yarns Fiber of the Month Club March 2014)

2oz of 100% Targhee; colorway: Wilderness (Mountain Colors)

~0.4oz of 100% BFL (Jen gave this to me for Christmas in… 2012? Yeah, Christmas 2012)

2oz of 85%/15% Polwarth/Silk; colorway: Spirit of the Hero (Nerd Girl Yarns Fiber of the Month Club April 2014)

From here on out it’s mainly going to be pictures. A summary collage every day mirroring that first one, and then the things I actually worked on get their own pictures (the picture in the collage blown up). I’ll probably give details on the drafting method, spindle, ply structure, etc. when I post pictures of the finished yarn.

Oh, and I also finished this on Thursday:

437.3yds of 3-ply heaving fingering, chain-plied
85/15 SW BFL/Nylon, Colorway: I Am Divergent (Nerd Girl Yarns Fiber of the Month Club February 2014)

Happy Spinning!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment with the Name/URL setting rather than anonymous - thanks!