Getting in the Swing of Things

Yesterday, I finished an awesome tank top that I've been working on since Wednesday. It's been a bit of a ride: I had gotten about halfway through Friday night when I tried it on, like the pattern recommended. Well... the neckline went about down to my belly-button. Obviously not good. The pattern wasn't very good at specifying the size (the real sizes were in italics under the big SIZES section... -_-), so I had to rip the whole thing out, and start over, going down two sizes (I knit a small?! I think this is the first time I've ever been a small - usually it's a medium due to wide shoulders). Then, for some reason, I was able to crank it out in two days. Go figure.



The pattern is Coachella, and the yarn is Knit Picks Comfy in Fedora (a colorway they're discontinuing in that line, unfortunately, because the color looks great on me and the yarn is fantastic... and machine washable).


I love the racer-back: it leaves my scapulae free to move, which I greatly appreciate (you get addicted to the freedom after racing suits).


The only thing is, due to the design, you need to wear a halter bra with this tank. And you know what that means... BRA SHOPPING. Duh, duh DUUUUUH! Luckily, Target has a decent selection, and I am now +1 convertible bra.

As for the semester, all labs have started, almost all my books are here (unfortunate incident with two of them, but my friend Kim graciously copied the pages with the assigned problems for me. Kim, you're the best!). My work schedules are all adjusted, and I'm getting into the rhythm of the semester. Now, I just have to bug Dr. Olson about my personal statement, submit all my internship apps, and start working on my honors research paper for Dr. Cosner, and then I'll be all ready to go.
Posted by Picasa